Friday, June 22, 2007

Old School Friday - Poisonous Edition

BBD pretty much ruled the world for one year. They lorded over 9th grade like Biff Tanner on horse steroids. You couldn't go a day without seeing a video or hearing a song. I really thought they were gonna last. They weren't musical giants, but they could entertain like a mug. But as is often the case, they just couldn't last. At least we have the memories.

Poison

"Me and the crew used to do her." The jumpoff. I spent untold hours in front of the tv trying to learn the dance moves. I didn't succeed, in case you were wondering. But the chicks at my school did. Is there anything better than a girl that can dance? As long as she doesn't have a big butt and a you know...



I Thought It Was Me

Overalls! Yes, they were the lick in '90. Don't know why Biv is wearing a belt with his though. At any rate, we always played this song on the band bus on the way to away games. Fun times indeed.



Do Me

"I need a body bag." The chick getting out of the pool in the red bikini would get smacked up and flipped no doubt. Rubbed down? Uhh...it's negotiotiable.



She's Dope

Ahh, The last hurrah for BBD. I always loved this song. It's just a quintessential BBD song.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot one crucial slow song in the BBD mix cousin. "Tell Me When Will I See You Smile Again" was a classic slow joint. OHHHH HEY HEY!!!! Other than that, The B members of New edition showed that they could party with the best at least for a moment.

Signal to Noise said...

I wanted Ricky Bell's flat top so bad.

Anonymous said...

yeah, we always played that song on the band bus, too. The drummers played And Justice For All, though.