Thursday, July 14, 2005

It's Madness!

Waldini:

Looks like the rumor is about to become truthhttp://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2107572 -->

D, I know you can't open ESPN so I will give you the details. Washington will send Kwame Brownto LA for Caron Butler and either Devean George or Chucky Atkins

Quick thoughts - Why are the Lakers giving up so much for so little inreturn? Did Kwame wow Kupchack and Buss in a private workout like Bynum(thats sarcasm in case you missed it)? I have no clue what the Lakers are doing. They are now going from an overstock of SF to an overstock of PF(Cook, B Grant, Brown, Turiaf). Prove me wrong Phil, prove me wrong!

Gangsta D:

Jerome James gets $30 million from the Knicks. JEROME JAMES! As Karmen would say *heavy sigh*

Waldini:

Yea, that one is pretty bad too but to me, no worse than when Golden St gave Adonal Foyle $42 mil over 7 yrs last summer. I think there oughta be a law against bad deals like James and Foyle. I mean they are robbing people legally...

Gangsta D:

Jerome James' career averages: 4.9 pts/3.2 reb/1.2 blocks. That's not for the first quarter, that's the entire game! I wish I hadda taken basketball more seriously. I could be a serviceable back up PG, who can hit an occasional open shot and pull one great pass out of my a** every month. I could be making $4-5 mil a year...

Waldini:

Man, I forgot to include Dan Gadzuric's new found fortune (36mil, 6yrs)....I'm with you D, I just want to be a 12th man and collect 1-2mil per year. I could play the role of Jack Haley and give counseling to the team's troubled player A la Dennis Rodman. I dont know man but these summer deal sare making me go nuts. I believe these cats are decent but the type of money they are getting is overstating their value. No way I'm the Bucks GM and Redd gets the max. I would be like either take a slightly higher offer than the Cavs OR start packing....

That's prbly why I am not in the league office now....I'm too bz trying tosave money and not field a winner (4eva cheap, lol)

Gangsta D:

Like I said, in two years the Bucks will be trying to shop Redd because theyAIN'T winning a title in the near future and his contract will be an albatross. Just don't understand why teams pay big money for players that will NOT help them win a title. If you're one player away, then fine mortgage the future. But if you have no shot, it makes no sense. There would be a lot of hurt feelings if I was a GM...

No comments: