Thursday, May 17, 2007

Old School Friday - Freshman Year Pricks!

The Year: 1994. The Locale: Morehouse College. The Mood: Euphoric

The mystical magical freshman year. I came in as a 17 year old from a small town that didn't no shit. First party I went to, at the Radisson Hotel, ended in gunfire. I smelled weed for the first time( didn't smoke), found out black people played soccer, and wanted to nail everything that moved at Spelman...OK maybe not everything. I also could never beat Jarrod in Street Fighter 2. Motherfucker beat me with Blanka. Blanka?!?! At any rate, these songs helped to make up the soundtrack of my life.

Be Happy - MJB

This song was played everyday at dinner. I loved it. Then I hated it. Then I loved it again. Mary J brings out emotions.



Candy Rain - Soul For Real

Ahh, the remix version. Good move, cause these dudes looked hella cheesey in the original. Plus, you can't beat a Hev cameo.



Dr. Dre & Ice Cube - Natural Born Killaz

Dre and Cube? James Evans? With the Pac cameo at the end? Pure classic. Even though they never released Helter Skelter, this more than makes up for it.



Pete Rock & CL Smooth

Not even Pete's brain fart could ruin one of the best commercials ever.



Pac - Temptations

Umm...Jasmine Guy is dope if you already didn't know.



Biggie - One More Chance

The song that made Biggie a megastar. Most people forget that he was the #2 man, behind Craig Mack, at Bad Boy. Shit can change real quick, huh?



TLC - Creep

OMFG!! TLC decided to dress up like chicks. And they're cute? Oh snap!

No comments: