Friday, May 18, 2007

I Am The Black Billy Ho

Gangsta D:

Hruby pretty much hits the nail on the head. The crazy thing is when ALL 8 of these archetypes are playing at the same time. Pure comedy. I must admit, I'm usually The Sweat Hog. I look like I ran a marathon after a few games. Well, at least I'm not hairy.

Da Realist:

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! i was definitely the marathon man. no doubt about it. all day, every day, non-stop fast-break let's go let's go let's go personality back when i played ball.

Gangsta D:

I would've definitely hit you in the face...or at least seriously contemplated it. My cousin used to be like that. I'm like, where do you get all this oxygen? I have initial burst, then I have to rest until my second wind. Once I got my second wind, I rained jumpshots until I got tired again:

Da Realist:

and i hated guarding sweathogs like you. one of my main reasons for staying out on the perimeter was that i didn't have to guard back-to-the-basket sweathogs whose t-shirts were drenched. and i HATED shirts-skins games.

Gangsta D:

Trust me, I wasn't too thrilled about getting up close and personal either:) But I've always been a perimeter guy. I don't like to mix it up down low, cause I have this fear of breaking my glasses. Can't see the basket without them so I have to wear them. My biggest problem has always been finishing at the rim. I can get there, but I sure ain't Kobe around the basket:)

Da Realist:

i was pretty good, if i do say so myself. nice jumpshot, creative around the basket. ran the parks all over arkansas and repped nicely when we visited family in chicago (something i was VERY proud of every summer).

it all came to a screeching halt when i attended morehouse and realized there were guys 6'6" that were just as good and just as creative, some just plain better. where i was from, all the 6'6" guys were down low!

Gangsta D:

I'm basically John Starks without the lisp. When my jumper is on, it's nasty. When it's off, it's ugly. I usually always get my shot off because I shoot better going to my left, even though I'm right handed. In high school I used to have pretty good handles. I guess I left them in my old locker:)

It's crazy nowadays. You can't get a good game going at a park. I'm usually the only one there. Back in the day, you go to the courts on saturday at noon and stay until 7:00. Down here, we had a lot of transplants because of the naval base. Lot of dudes from NY who thought they were Kenny Anderson. It was immensely entertaining.

No comments: