Sunday, July 08, 2007

Can We Get A Little Reverence Here?

I just found this video of Verne Lundquist and Dan Fouts being quite jovial during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner at Texas Stadium. According to the person who posted the video, this was taken from the raw feed and wasn't meant for broadcasting. However, thanks to the interwebs, this video can be shown and made fun of ad nauseum.

Verne and Dan don't do anything too egregious during the playing, but they're far from reverent. At any rate, I love Verne's laughing at the beginning of the clip. It sounds like some chick is giving him the best blow job of his 70 some odd years. "Uh oh! My goodness! Ha! Ha!" Bout as classic as it gets.

The clip is a year old, so if you've already seen it that's too bad. The sounds of Verne Lundquist possibly getting a hummer in the booth before a game should be replayed as often as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Verne Lundquist is the absolute worst. He does big SEC games for CBS, so as a Florida alum I get stuck with him 6 or 7 times a year. My favorite exchange last season:

(returning from commercial, CBS is playing some lousy pop song like "My Humps")

Verne: "I've got that one on my iPod."

Gary Danielson: "Do you even HAVE an iPod?"

Verne: "OF COURSE NOT!! HAW HAW HAW!"

Idiot.