Thursday, September 27, 2007

Is You Is Or Is You Ain't A Racist?

Waldini:

I went to the gym during my lunch break and decided to shootaround on the bball court. I see 5 people, 4 white & 1 asian, on the court. The 4 white guys ask me and the asian to play 3 on 3, with me, the asian, and of the white guys on my team. I dont know why it was but as soon as the ball touched my hands and I looked at this white guy guarding me, I felt overly confident. I couldnt explain, I just felt like I was going to dominate him and his boys, make 'em understand you aint on
My level. Anyway, I was lucky today and my J was falling. We also won pretty convincingly but I couldnt stop thinking "Man there's nothing like beating white boys at basketball to make your confidence feel better". Does that make me a racist?

And for the record, I havent played competitive ball in over a year and I was very lucky my J was on. Usually that doesnt happen as it takes a few games for it to start falling....

Gangsta D:

Racist? I don't know. Prejudiced about this particular aspect? More likely. We all have certain prejudices and biases. They key is to not let those biases manifest themselves into negative action. It's no different than a white guy playing golf against a black dude, and thinking he's gonna take the brotha for all his money. Now as far as me? I've been torched by too many white boys in my day to think I'm automatically gonna dominate on the court:)

Waldini:

Oh dont get it twisted. This was a lucky occurrence. I have definitely have that confidence taken behind the woodshed courtesy of the Billy Hos in the world.

Gangsta D:

I wonder how much white dudes feed off that. When they step on the court, they have to be thinking that most of the guys probably don't respect them. If they're really good, I wonder if THEY start thinking that no black guy can hold them:)

Waldini:

Well I'm pretty sure in defeat they say to themselves "Laugh it up negro, cuz I know my net worth is prolly worth 10 times what yours is...."

No comments: