Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I'm 'Bout My Green Like Martian Skin

Gangsta D:

It's funny to look at old games at the Garden on ESPN Classic. There usually isn't ONE black face in the crowd. Were we denied entry? There had to be a couple black Celtics fans IN Boston, right? lol


I spent my childhood and teenage years despising the Cs with my Pops and every other black male in my life. Call it male bonding.

Waldini:

Sure there were. New Edition and probably Sean Wright[college friend] lol

Da Realist:

Yeah, Sean Wright opened my eyes a little bit. He was the first black person I know that actually liked the Celtics. Now I look back at how silly it all was. ;-) The Celts ain't all that bad. I can even watch the old games with a little admiration now.

I'm all grown up.

Gangsta D:

Well bully for you, cause I still hate 'em. There is respect, no doubt. I but still hate 'em. Quiet as kept, it's probably more because of Danny Ainge than Bird and McHale. I wanted Worthy to just pound him into anti-matter:)

Waldini:

I watched one of those 80s postseason matchups when they played the Bucks. Those Celtics were cold. But still whenever they show one of the Lakers-Celtics matchups, all admiration and respect goes out the door. Even knowing the final outcome of the game or series, I still watch the game as if it's current, rooting for Showtime to embarrass Beantown

Da Realist:

He[Ainge] was a whiny little wimp, wasn't he? a little pest.

We all know bird was great, but people forget how nasty mchale was. That boy was nasty. And i remember he was the 6th man!

Waldini:

Cornbread maxwell wasnt too shabby at the 4 just not as good as McHale.

And the media has started the comparison.

No comments: