Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What The Damn? - Okafor Edition



Waldini:

Was reading the free agent list. I don't know what Okafor's agent is smoking but check this:

1. Emeka Okafor Bobcats Okafor turned down $13 million per season to hit free agency this summer. He's not the best player on this list, but he's the best young center on the market. Still, there's no guarantee he'll get more money from the Bobcats or another team. The Grizzlies, Sonics and Sixers will be interested, but they know the Bobcats are very likely to match. I don't see him going anywhere.


This trumps Ben Gordon's idiotic decision to turn down 10 mil a year from the Bulls. Is Calhoun advising these guys?

Gangsta D:

OK, I read that wrong at first. I thought the entire deal was for $13 million. He turned down $13 million a year?!? Who in God's name is gonna pay him more than $13 million a year? He's a nice player. But he ain't $13 million worth of nice. Maybe he's willing to take less money and play for a winning team. That's the only thing I can think of.

Waldini

I didnt think he was worth more than 10mil so when I read he turned down 13mil I thought the same thing as you. Considering Philly and Memphis are looking like the only teams with the loot to throw at him, he's going to regret that decision

Gangsta D:

Hard to believe there was a debate about who would be better: Dwight Howard or Okafor? Okafor has been solid, but Dwight is on another planet. Apparently, Okafor wants to go to the same planet. I think he's gonna be turned away at the gate.

No comments: