Lingering questions from the first weekend of the NCAA's:
-I wonder if Stephen Curry has reconciled with the fact that his mom was probably a NBA groupie.
-At this very minute Roy Hibbert is still open in the low post. Why won't anyone pass him the ball?
-Why were so many non-black players talking so much trash? Yeah I'm looking at you Joe Alexander, Lopez Twins, and Western Kentucky three point shooting guy.
-Why did I want to kill someone after watching Bob Wenzel broadcast two Duke games? I don't think Coach K has been deep throated like that since HE was in college.
-Why didn't Gus Johnson get any good games? Did his bosses intentionally screw him to dampen his profile?
-Will UCLA please score some points? Has Ben Howland not noticed that an inability to score enough points is the reason he's lost the last two Final Fours?
-Why is the MegaMadness package the greatest invention ever? At several points I was watching 4 games at once on the same channel.
-What was up with officials handing out Technicals like the Easter Bunny handing out eggs? I swear I thought I saw a ref, at the Stanford-Marquette game, T up Jay Bilas.
-Lopez twins. Douchebags or fiery competitors?
Man, someone definitely took advantage of the Madness package this wknd :-). A few thoughts...
- Feel you on the Gus J comment, along with not enough games featuring Raftery and Lundquist. I don't know who was commentating some of the games I got but they weren't those guys
- Dell's boy is beasting. I don't know if he will make waves at the pro level but for college, he's carving up folks. I think if he does get in the league, he will be okay with knowing his mom's a groupie and that his probable wife will be a groupie too
- They didn't show the G'town debacle here (We got Texas-Miami) so I only caught bits and pieces that CBS showed. They were cruising in the 1st half but don't know what happened in the 2nd half. My family's in mourning today
- Although my brackets were completely busted, it did feel good watching Duke go out again
- Lopez twins - they are bordering on douchebaggery. They were a lil outta control on Sat and talking trash just to be doing it
- UCLA's problem had to do with Shipp and Westbrook have unusually off games plus Mboute playing for hte first time in a week. They looked horrible and still won. Not a good sign for their bracket
- UNC is straight up whuppin folks' asses
- People talk about Bill Self, Billy Gillespie, Mark Few, etc as the great young coaches. Jay Wright at Villanova needs some major love. Cat has taken 3 teams in the past 6 yrs to the Sweet 16. And this team is no where near as talented as that Elite Eight team a few yrs ago....
- Lastly, this has to be the most exciting tourney in a good minute. We had two #12 and #13 seeds advance, a lot of buzzer beaters, major comebacks, and that's just in one weekend.
Georgetown didn't miss a shot for TEN MINUTES! They were up by 17, then decided to just dribble the ball on the perimeter for 30 seconds, and throw up a bad shot. Mad frustrating.
Stephen will not beast in the league. He can shoot, so he'll have a roster spot. But unless he gets bigger and proves he can get his own shot, he'll be Eddie House without the headband.