Monday, June 30, 2008

Buddy, I Will Shoot You In The Face!

Waldini:

You know I remember this rivalry very well. I used to crack up at the Rifleman b/c after every shot he would always let Larry Legend know he hit it. I'm still mad his mama named him after Chuck Connors lol.

Chuck Person: “I don’t know if Larry remembers, but my first game in the pros was against him in Terre Haute and he said, ‘Young fella, when you come out to play, play hard every night or you’ll get embarrassed – especially by me.’
On a side note peep the comment - "Bird was a quiet assassin who generally let his actions speak for him – although he could talk trash with the best of them." Um when was Bird ever quiet?

Gangsta D:

You have to love revisionist history. Bird a "Quiet Assassin?" That's hilarious. Ask anyone from the 80's and they'll tell you that he was one of the best trash talkers of all time. You gotta love it.

I wouldn't say this was a great rivalry. But it was definitely entertaining. In basketball, there's nothing better than two guys going mano a mano in a playoff series.

Waldini:

You know last night on NBA TV, they broke out Reggie Miller's first game. That team had Rifleman, Herb Williams, Gritty Gutty Skiles, Wayman Tisdale and Miller. Later they would get Rik Smits and Detlef Schrempf. I bet whomever the GM was at the time was kicking himself for breaking this team up so soon...

No comments: