Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Piss On Your Tradition!


Waldini:

Enjoy ...I don't give a shit what this fool says, I'm singing Rocky Top til I'm 6 feet deep.


3) Florida State's Indian Chief - Maybe the most recognizable of all the traditions in the past quarter century, we have the Seminole throwing the spear into the ground before the kickoff. Impressive and entertaining, it actually inspires the home team along with the fans. Now, if they could just get the players they had in the 1980s and '90s, they'd be all set.

2) Tennessee singing Rocky Top - Oh, it must be heard and experienced to be believed. thousands of people standing and singing an old folk song doesn't sound intimidating, but when you're on the receiving end of it, you know you're in trouble.
Gangsta D:

Hmmm...running through the smoke is not hated but both YOUR traditions are. Maybe because running through the smoke is iconic, while singing a hillbilly song and stabbing the ground isn't:)

Waldini:

If this list had been made in the early 90s, it would have your school on there with Luther Campbell appearing on the sidelines at EVERY game.

Gangsta D:

Yep, and we usually won EVERY game:) I bet you ain't never sung Rocky Top at a family function, have you? Have you? lol

Waldini:

Never, they're singing TSU's fight song "I'm so glad that I went to T-S-U......" :-)

No comments: