Thursday, September 25, 2008

Katz Kradle



Everyone knows I'm always on the lookout for new music. And most know I usually don't follow the commercial stuff 'cuz most of it's garbage to me. I'm not gonna front when I first was reading about this group and saw the associated words, "Irv Gotti" my eyes rolled. Don't get it twisted, I loved Irv's work from the mid-90s (see production on the classic Reasonable Doubt). In this decade though, let's just say I'm not on the Murder Inc. Fan Club mail. But I'm open minded so I gave this group a shot.

Who is this group you say? T!Katz, that's who. It says here "With an energetic combination of rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop, the Atlanta-based *T!Katz* are primed to set the music scene ablaze. "

It's a positive sign when you are repping the A. I listened to the track "3am" and it's refreshing. The above statement is very accurate. They do a phenomenal job of blending all these sounds and it makes for a catchy record. I imagined myself in a hip lounge, sipping on the playa's drink aka a white russian, and spittin' game to a shawty while this track was being blasted over the club speakers. Definitely a great start and I'm eager to hear more from these cats.

Watch for the group’s debut, 19hundred80something, which is set to drop in the fourth quarter of this year.

Irv says of the group, “I don’t know of any band that looks like them (musically), they rap, they sing, they play instruments, they’re a real live band. There’s no comparing them.”


You got me Irv, there is no comparison and I'm definitely watching for them.

You can check out these guys on Facebook and MySpace. And remember you heard about these guys here FIRST.

No comments: