Monday, September 15, 2008

New School Music - The Commercial edition

Has it really been 2 months since I last posted new music?!?! I told you I wouldn't post anything unless I was feeling it. After weeks and weeks of hearing a track here or there, FINALLY Waldini has posted...new...school...music


TI f Kanye West, Lil Wayne, and Jay Z - Swagga Like Us

When I first heard this, my immediate reaction was good beat, average lyrics. After listening to it for like the 5th or 6th time, all of a sudden I loved it. Don't get me wrong, these are NOT the best 16 bars spit by any of these dope emcees. The hook though is infectious. And today I saw a video by accident and learned where they sampled the hook. Side note, this is Jay Z's official lead single off his BluePrint 3 album



Young Jeezy f Jay Z and Kanye West - Put On (remix)

Ahh Young Jeezy. Is he a great rapper? In my opinion, he's barely a good rapper. He has great punchlines but a whole book of rhymes, naw that's not him. His hooks are my downfall as I can't get that "every time I do it I do it for yo hood" line outta my head. On this cut, Jiggaman kills it. For those questioning his lyrical abilities, take a listen :-)



Mos Def - The Glow

We've missed you Mos. You followed up Black on Both Sides with the New Danger (which was too weird) and Mos Definite (which nobody heard). Maybe it was the movies, maybe it was the Def Jam Poetry hosting duties, maybe it was the child support case, maybe it's the issues with your 2nd ex-wifey coming out with a tell all book, but in any event, this record is long overdue. Vintage Mos Def right here. Now only if he and Talib can release that long awaited Black Star 2nd album



Lil Wayne - Mrs Officer

Don't ask why, this is not Weezy's best outing but again, like Jeezy, this hook is infectious. Weeoweeoweeoweeowee



NERD f CRS and Pusha

For the record, I like both the Everybody Nose original and the actual NERD album it appears on. I am eagerly anticipating the CRS album, whenever Phar-real, Lupe, and the Louis Vitton Don decide to release it. Nice lyrics and two thumbs up on the video concept



Waldini WTF MOMENT

Jasmine Sullivan - Bad


My boy Samario told me about this girl months ago, sent me some sample songs, and I listened to them. Basically in one ear and out the other. Then I heard this song (prbly again) and was like this s*** is dope right here. I'm sorry Pilot, I owe you a couple of 3 piece dinners, 2 bo-berry biscuits, and a gallon of Jangles' tea to wash it down.



Little Jackie - The World Revolves Around Me

I know very little about Little Jackie. No one told me about her, I didn't hear her music on a music site, I just happened to see a video on tv one day. And I like it!

2 comments:

ejace1 said...

Okay, you're scaring me. Maybe having a baby chills you way the hell out but I just can't get with J. Sullivan or Little Jackie. Makes me wanna take a nap, both of them.

But that NERD! DAMN that video's FUNKY! Donkey Kong, tricks!! Makes me wanna cruise the Internet for some new hype. Who's this CRS kid? And I think I'm actually feelin' Pusha in the video.

Hilarious notes on Mos Def. I HAVE Mos Definite and yes, New Danger was too weird. Did he have a little rendezvous with E. Badu or something? lol

All Hail the return of the New School. Keep it up, kid.

EJ

Great Waldini said...

CRS stands for Chicago Runs S*** and it's members are Kanyeezy, Lupe, and Pharrell. They released a cut last year called "Us Placers". No ETA for when the album will come out.

Yea I didn't even know Mos had all dem kids. He truly needs to be kind and rewind

Don't hate on the r&b tric :-). Actually Jasmine has some really tight stuff out there. And VH1 Soul is pumping the hell outta her.