Monday, September 22, 2008

Smokey's Lament

Waldini is a Die-hard Tennessee Volunteer fan. And after this Saturday's debacle against UF, I think we need to put "die-hard" in bold caps. I sincerely hope that the coaching situation is rectified before Waldini flies to Knoxville, and does some rectifying on his own. Below is his open letter to Mr. Fulmer.


Coach,

I've been one of your biggest supporters for years. However, I've come to the realization that change is needed. The boys simply didn't just quit on Saturday, they looked completely unprepared. I thought the UCLA game was an aberration. I even gave you the benefit of the doubt when UCLA would suffer their worst loss in school history the following week. But after listening to Florida call us quitters and then see the bad body language on the boys, my opinions changed. People can talk about Cutcliffe no longer being the Off. Coordinator but that's a poor excuse. At the end of the day, this falls on you Coach. You've had top 15 recruiting classes so lack of talent should not be the reason. I don't know what else to say anymore, considering you face Auburn and Georgia on the road, my confidence is very low. Hell Vanderbilt has a better record. I guess I'm saying all this to say either you change up the play calling or maybe it's time you step down...

Smokey Forever

No comments: