Monday, May 18, 2009

I Need A Basketball In My Hands!


Waldini:

Waldini's conf finals predictions below

- CAVS-MAGIC - The Magic actually match up pretty well with Cleveland. No one on Cleveland can guard Superman Returns and no one on Orlando can guard King James. I'm interested to see what happens if Orlando wins a game they shouldn't and how Cleveland responds. The Cavs haven't been tested yet and they finally get a decent squad. The only thing that worries me about Orlando is the coaching. Orlando should have won the Boston series in 5 but choked away 2 games. Put up or shut up time. Cavs in 6

- LAKERS-NUGGETS - Btwn the Lakers should be embarrassed for allowing the Rockets to push them 7 games (without 40% of their salary cap as one person kept telling me) to the Nuggets have been the most consistent team in the playoffs comments, I'm tempted to drink the Foolish-berry Aid. I watched a few of the Nuggets games, they still play less than average defense. I was laughing when Jon Barry said the Rockets are a weaker version of the Nuggets. Are we watching the same team? Nuggets are better yes, but better than Lakers in a 7 game. no. Lakers in 6

That means more Nike commercials featuring Lebron (Keenan THompson) and Kobe (David Alan Grier). WHOOO #23! Playoffs BABY PLAYOFFS!!


I'm not even bothering to respond to the masses about the Rockets' fans b/c why hear the excuses. You know my response realist. Winners win, losers lose :-)

Gangsta D:

Mike Brown isn't a coaching giant, but he runs circles around Van Panic. The Magic have enough talent to beat the Cavs. Bron will get his, but if the Magic get hot from outside, they will score points. It's all semantics, because the Cavs are going to the Finals. Cavs in 6.

The Houston series did more good than harm, I believe. Instead of totally coasting to the Finals, the Lakers had to work hard for an extra couple of games. I think this carries over. The Nuggs are athletic, but George Karl is the coach and they depend on a tatted up, used to be coked up, "Birdman" for defensive intensity. Of course I can't forget the studio gangster, "Mr. Lips" either. The Lakers have too much talent and will work hard for 75% of the series. If it were 100% of the series, it would be over in 5. But I got them in 6.

Waldini:

Funny, I remember last week Tight Tight saying something about both Orlando and Los Angeles having no heart but yet they are in the conf finals. Pretty hard to win in the NBA and get that deep in the playoffs if your team is soft.

Like Van Panic lol

Da Realist:

Who is Tight Tight?

Cavs vs Magic. Lebron is not going to lose that series, though the Magic will make them work for it. The Magic are clear underdogs here and I think it suits them better. They play their best when they don't have any expectations on them. Look at Game 6 and 7 of the ECSF. Everyone expects the Cavs to march to the Finals so the Magic get to play without any pressure. But at some point, reality will set in and the Cavs will win. In 6.

Lakers vs Nuggets. I honestly don't know. I hadn't seen the Nuggets that much this year including the playoffs. George Karl loves playing the underdog role and he's good at it. Man, if he had those Seattle teams he'd kick y'all asses. MAN the Lakers are soft frontrunners. Somebody's going to make them pay. I don't know if it will be the Nuggets or not, but I will be surprised if the Lakers win the title. Has there ever been a team this soft win the title? I don't think so. No prediction on this one cause I've literally never seen the Nuggets play this year. lol

Gangsta D:

I hope a French poodle pisses on your shoe! lol [Note: Realist is currently traipsing around France]

No comments: