Monday, June 20, 2005

Where's Bobby

Da Realist:

this team has no discipline and no leadership. pa-THET-ic. FIRE bobby bowden! FIRE bobby bowden! FIRE bobby bowden!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/06/18/bc.fbc.floridasttrouble.ap/index.html


Waldini:

Usually I would jump on you about your team's trouble (Sexton calling himself God is definitely a setup for getting ragged) but considering Tenn's offseason troubles I cannot say anything. And considering that my pro team (titans) will be absolute trash this year, I am banking on my Vols to make strides this season.

Gangsta D:

Funny how Bowden has been "on vacation" during these recent troubles. Is Bobby no longer Mr. Teflon in Tallahassee?

Da Realist:

unfortunately, that man is god down there. they are not going to fire him even though everyone can see he's going the way of joe paterno. he lost his best coaches and replaced them with twits (one of which is his son), yet no one holds him accountable.

(sigh) i guess i'll be a hater AGAIN this year. my favorite teams are as follows...

1. whoever plays miami for each given week
2. whoever plays oklahoma for each given week
3. tennessee (because i would love to take my wife to see them in the sugar bowl this year)
4. any underdogs, unless their winning helps miami and/or oklahoma.

Gangsta D:


I bet if he has a major scandal coupled with another so-so year, people's attitudes will change. There are no more sacred cows. Bobby can get got too:)

Da Realist:

i don't know about bobby, but his son jeff will be burned at the stake if the offense looks as bad as it did last year.

Waldini:

If Tenn makes it to the Sugar Bowl, I will put my wife in the SUV and we make a impromptu to Nawlins. Then I will find a way to get inside so I can sing "Good Ole Rocky Top.....:-)"

The only teams I care about losing are pretty much anyone in the Big 12, Florida, Georgia, and most Big 10 teams (really only Michigan and Ohio St). And yes I can explain a reason for everyone one of them, lol

Gangsta D:

All right, it's time to get everyone's loyalties down BEFORE the season starts:

My 5 favorite teams
Miami (since '89)
Georgia (since '80)
USC (since '88)
Michigan (since ('91)
Washington (since they hired Ty)

5 hated teams
Florida (since '80)
FSU (since '89)
Notre Dame (since forever)
Ohio State (since '03 Fiesta Bowl)
Oklahoma (since they've been overhyped)

Da Realist:

you like GEORGIA???

5 favorites
1. FSU
2. anybody else i like is just on a temporary basis determined by whatever purpose i fancy that particular week. but two teams that may take up permanent residence on this list is tennessee (i like their song) and notre dame (history) in the near future.

Hated Teams
1. Miami
2. Oklahoma
3. any dominant team not named FSU. (this year it's USC)
the absolute WORST championship matchup for me in any given year is MIAMI vs OKLAHOMA, because then one of those bastards would have to win.

Gangsta D:

I've lived only five years of my life outside of Georgia. In the '80s, if you lived in Georgia you liked the Bulldogs or they took you away from your parents...

Da Realist:

what part of georgia are you from? and why georgia over georgia tech?

Gangsta D:

Camden. Southeast corner. There was no debate when it came to football. It was Bulldogs or get the Hell out of the state. But this is the funny thing. I'd rather watch G-Tech basketball over bulldog basketball. This is just bulldog football country.

Da Realist:

i guess g-tech is for those snooty atlantan elitists, huh?

Waldini:

I think the only people in Georgia that root for G. Tech in football are the ones who go to school there....

No comments: