Thursday, September 29, 2005

Old School Wrestling

Gangsta D:

I was at Sam Goody yesterday and I saw a Road Warriors Compilation DVD. Over 6 hours of LOD action with commentary. If it wasn't $30, i would've definitely copped it. How Waldini feels about Flair, is how I feel about Hawk and Animal. What other tag team you know, pins their opponents before their theme music stops playing:)

Waldini:

LMAO on the "pin opponent" comment. True, Ironman wasnt' halfway thru and LOD had scored another victory. Hey did you see what matches were on theDVD? Go to either Best Buy or Wal-Mart and see what they are charging for that DVD. When the Ric Flair DVD came out, it was initially $30 and like you, I wasn't buying it. Then a few months later, I was walking in Best Buy and it was there for 17.99 and that's when I bought it.

Da Realist:

i loved ric flair and i loved the road warriors. backthen my favorite was lex luger and his human torture rack. he wasn't a very good "talker", but i was amazed at how sculpted his body was. this was backwhen he wrestled with ric flair, dusty rhodes and ricky steamboat and sting...neither of whom could match him muscle for muscle. but then i eventually saw the light and switched overto ric flair and the four horsemen. always acknowledging my favorite tag team was the roadwarriors. (remember they turned on dusty and gouged his eye out with a spike?) those were the days.

Waldini:

Actually I do remember that...didnt Dusty get Sting and then they took on LOD at Starrcade, Clash Of Champions or one of those major events.

I got an old school moment for you. How about the time Dusty put a baseball bat toTully Blanchard, in retialiation for Tully attacked a handicapped Magnum TA the week before. CLASSIC I remember waking up on Sat morning to watch NWA onTBS at 8:05am EST, then rushing to get home in the afternoon to catch it again 6:05pm EST on TBS. Then on one of the local channels, they would show a 3 hr block ofwrestling beginning at 11pm (NWA, WWF, Glow). Oh,those were the days....

Da Realist:

you remember G.L.O.W??? i actually watched this before i started watching the men wrestle (or rassle, as arkansans say). used to come on at 8am and i was right there watching all of it. mt. fuji, pocohontas,big bad mama...

Gangsta D:

Yes it's NWA not WCW:) GLOW was a joke, but good for a laugh every now and then. You remember the Flying Mulkeys?!? They didn't do too much flying but got many a foot up the poopshoot. I do remember they did win onematch, but can't remember who they beat.

One of my favorite memories is when Ron Garvin Beat Flair for the title on my birthday. Remember when Jim Cornette threw fire in Ron Garvin's face. I was brokenhearted...

Waldini:

They beat the Conquistadors, who were not as bad as the Mulkeys but definitely a "jobber" team for the likes of LOD, Rock N Roll Express, Midnight Express, etc

No comments: