Friday, February 23, 2007

Screamin A Hawkins

Gangsta D:

Comments, questions, concerns?

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2007/02/breaking-rumor-stephen-smith-to.html

Da Realist:

I don't even watch sportscenter anymore so it desn't affect me. now i just log onto espn.com to get all the sports info i need. if i need to see a highlight? espn.com. no need for me to sit through 30 minutes of news about WNBA and hockey to find out who won the bulls game anymore. :-)

It's the changing signs of the times but who would have thought that sportscenter would become such a dinosaur? the internet is completely changing the game. and oh yeah, TIVO (and other dvr's) better join on the internet train or it will be left behind too. i already have the capability to record live shows onto my hard drive (although it's cumbersome). once they integrate tv's with the internet directly (i know it's already started), my computer becomes a de facto TIVO without the extra costs.

This might be a reason they are hiring stephen a smith in the first place -- to drum up interest.


Gangsta D:

I just realized I rarely watch SC in the evening. But you know what's funny? i don't even watch SC in the morning anymore. That was required viewing once upon a time. Instead, I watch the Discovery Channel or I'm on the internet. Did the internet really have that big of an effect? It's like I've been neglecing my wife of 19 years. Couple that with my refusal to watch Sports Reporters. I never thought this day would come.

Da Realist:

It hit me suddenly too. one day sean was talking abut some highlight on SC and i thought, "i don't think i've watched SC in a least a year". then i realized i didn't really miss it cause i went to espn.com and saw the same highlight there. even the sunday night conversations are posted online.

No comments: