Friday, September 07, 2007

Who Ya Got?!?


The U vs OK


Gangsta D:

A week ago I said to myself, "We could beat Oklahoma." Around Tuesday I was saying, "If we win, it'll be close." Now I'm saying, "We'll win by two TDs." I just have this feeling that we're gonna blow into Norman and put a critical beatdown on the Sooners. Why? Well, what has Oklahoma done to be considered so good? Preseason ranking don't mean anything. They have a REDSHIRT FRESHMAN starting at QB. Mr. Bradford, please meet the best D-line you'll see all season. Whenever Oklahoma is faced with equal or better speed, they fold. The Canes have speed. Boy do they have speed. Plus I feel the offense will be much more dynamic. More 3-WR sets. Graig Cooper motioning into the slot. Coop and Baby J in the backfield at the same time. And a TON of play action. I'm getting a Virginia Tech 2005 feeling for this one. Canes by two TDs.

Da Realist:

Missed most of last week's games so I don't have much of anything to go on. this is what happens when one travels during football season. i haven't seen ANY OF THESE TEAMS play yet. well i did see LSU.

Miami has speed but are their playmakers ready? this is just the 2nd game of the season and they're going to norman? it would help if i had seen a little of both of these teams, but alas... i'll go with the home team. OKLAHOMA

Waldini:

I didnt see OU but I have seen Miami. Their defense is legit but that offense worries me. Sorry Gangsta, I'm going with OU in a nailbiteer


VT vs LSU

Gangsta D:

I didn't see much of the VT game last week, but what I saw of their offense wasn't encouraging. They probably should've lost that game. Maybe they were flat emotionally. Maybe, like most VT teams, they're just not as good as everyone thinks they are. LSU didn't exactly look like world beaters either. I'm still not sold on Matt Flynn or that offense. The defense looks pretty stout. Sean Glennon and Glen Dorsey will probably be doing the tango all game. If both defenses are about even, then LSU has the edge on offense. Plus it's a night game at LSU. The Hokies don't really have a chance.

Da Realist:

i will never predict a virginia tech victory in a big game again until they prove themselves. LSU

Waldini:

Ditto Realist's comments. LSU


Mich vs Oregon

Gangsta D:

I saw the Mich-App St game last week and was going apeshit throughout the contest. I actually like Michigan, but it was something about a 1-AA team beating them AT the Big House that got me giddy. So how do the Wolverines respond to adversity? Well since Lloyd Carr is the coach, I'm gonna say not very well. Traveling cross country is never a great thing. But traveling cross country, to play in Autzen Stadium, a week after you've been humiliated, may be too much to overcome. I don't know much about Oregon's team this year, but they usually have speed on the outside. And that's what killed Michigan last week. I don't think they recover, and start the season 0-2. Goodbye Lloyd. We hardly knew ye.

Da Realist:

I can't see Michigan coming out 0-2. I can't see them losing 2 straight games at the big house. MICHIGAN

Waldini:

Gimme Michigan.


PSU vs ND

Gangsta D:

Ahh, this is the game I've been waiting three years for. All you need to know about this game is that Jimmy "Emu" Clausen is getting the start...at Happy Valley. I'm not sure if he knows what playing in front of 100,000 people is like. He's gonna find out real quickly. There is no way this game doesn't end in a blowout. Notre Dame could do NOTHING against Tech last week. The defense looked good in spots, but still gave up over 200 yards on the ground. Think JoePa is gonna air it out after that display last week? I doubt it. Lord Weis thought it a good idea that his true freshman QB's first start should be on the road in front of 100,000 people. So I don't expect the offense to do much again this week. It's gonna get ugly and fast. My only regret is that I will probably miss the quarter. I really want to see Clausen's first INT live.

Da Realist:

Penn State will put a hurting on Notre Dame.

Waldini:

Puhlease, Happy Valley is going to remain happy. PSU


Boise St. vs UW

Gangsta D:

Umm...coin flip...and...I'll go with the black coach.

Da Realist:

Watching D flip his coin....i'll take the opposite. BOISE STATE

Waldini:

I just saw the Boise St video on their perfect season, I'm taking Boise. BSU


No comments: