Friday, April 11, 2008

Old School Friday - Random Randomness

I've been shooting matches at the Bausch & Lomb Tennis Tournament all week, so I haven't had time to think up a good post, or do a lot of searching. So....you get the randomness. And you'll like it, damn it. BTW, Sharapova is every bit of 6'2" and grunts like a badger being stabbed and electrocuted at the same time. Holla. Go Wild!!


Showbiz AG - Next Level

Dope beat. Slept on group. Can I get a soul clap for these dudes? Come on!




Tupac feat Scarface - Smile
"Bustin' shots blindly trying to find Jehova." This is one of those quintessential Pac tracks where it seems like he's talking directly to you. That was always Pac's strength. You just felt that dude.




Ice-T - High Rollers

Darlene or Coco? Coco's got mucho ass, but I gotta go with Darlene. She was that original exotic chick that made dudes stammer. And she's still dope!




Mariah Carey feat Bone - Breakdown

I was kind of concerned when I first heard this song. Bone had worked with giants of the game in previous years: Eazy-E, Biggie, and Pac. In '95 E died. In '96 Pac died. In '97 Biggie died. When this joint hit, I was like "Well nice knowing ya Mimi." Alas, my fears were squelched. Mariah's gone on to have more hit songs, boob jobs, and quasi-psychotics episodes on live tv.




OutKast feat Slick Rick - Da Art Of Storytelling

"Let's hit the parking lot so I can sick yo duck." Why can't I meet a chick like that...that won't charge me?




Nas - Hard To Tell

"I leave 'em froze like heroin in ya nose." Heroin freezes in your nose? That's kind of fucked up, no?



As a little bonus, check out this "remix" I did for "Ain't Hard To Tell."




AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff

"If my day keeps going this way I might break your fucking face tonight!" I always bust this song out when I'm in the doldrums. Usually perks me up on the quickfast.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting... I'm no heroin expert, so I always thought Nas meant that heroin in the nose leaves you (the user) froze. But I really ain't sure here....

I know I told you this before, but I really like how the Sharon Jones sample flows with Nas' rhyme. I think that's some hot ish right there... mad props.

Gangsta D said...

Yeah man, that heroin line has baffled me for 14 years:)

Appreciate the props. Sharon Jones is the shit.