Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"I Watched The Death Of A Dynasty"

Waldini:

Let me save you some time. It was NOT a foul :-)

Da Realist:

It was a foul, but the Spurs played soft last night and they deserved to lose.

And Tim Duncan is soft, despite the numbers. he whines to the refs more than any other superstar ever. if anyone ever tells me he's a better player/leader than Olajuwon again i'll take away their baller-card until they catch up on some recent history.

Waldini:

there were plenty of possible fouls that didn't go the Lakers way last night. Plus you and I both know Brent Barry isn't getting that call. Unless it's one of the Big 3 on that team, not happening

Da Realist:

Well...that was a pretty obvious foul, Brent Barry or not. Maybe not as blatant as the Reggie Miller push on MJ, but still pretty blatant.

But still, it's poetic justice that the Spurs whined all night for calls and it turns out a non-call sealed their fate. maybe they'll get the lesson....stop WHINING.

Gangsta D:

How do you know the Spurs played soft? Did you actually watch more than 20 secs of the game? Lol

Da Realist:

I actually did, believe it or not. lol I watched the end of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th after french class.

All i saw was Tim Duncan begging for fouls instead of going strong to the hoop. The Spurs offense reduced to Tony Parker over-dribbling and forcing shots. I saw the Lakers continuously out-quick the slow-footed spurs for rebounds and loose balls. in fact, the Lakers bullied them.

I hadn't seen anything that would suggest they can come back. Not saying it can't happen, but they would have to change their strategy, mindset and focus to just win another game.

Gangsta D:

The frustrating part of the series is that the Lakers should've won every game by double digits. They're not "elite" yet. But this series is over, and homecourt or a major injury is the only thing that can stop the Lakeshow from winning the title. Happy days are here again:)

Waldini:

Before the playoffs started, I had the Lakers going to at least the conference Finals. I was really concerned about them playing the Hornets or Spurs. I also thought Boston was going to steamroll through the East too until they played Detroit. I have been wrong about both :-).

The Lakers will beat whomever comes out the East.

Da Realist:

You believed in the CELTICS??? I think the Pistons could challenge, but definitely not the Celtics.

By the way...I didn't see Kobe go to the line last night. What's up with that? Didn't the refs get the edict from David Stern? lol...

Gangsta D:

Too bad Realist doesn't care about the NBA anymore. When the Lakers win the title, we won't be able to gloat.....Wait what am I talking about? Of course, we're gonna gloat. Your apathy can't save you!

No comments: