Monday, July 20, 2009

The Champ Is Here!

Well, it's time for another liquor review. As you know, my girl and I have taken it upon ourselves to review various spirits over the last several months. I usually whip up a batch of greasy food, and we spend the night pigging out and polishing off the bottle. We then, in a semi-coherent state, write the review. Up next on the list was 1800 Silver Tequila.

For the night, I cooked up two pounds of shrimp and a pound of Rogerwood sausage to munch on. My girl came over, and we got down to business. The first thing I noticed was the "100 Proof" in BIG letters on the front of the bottle. I looked at Angel, and said "Damn." We had no idea what we were in store for. Once I pulled the cork out, I knew it was on. I was like, "Babe. This is gonna be a problem."

This is how the night went:

1st shot - Shaken/straight up: "Wow! That...is strong. Let's try it without smelling it.

2nd shot - Shaken/straight up: "Wow! Let's try it with table salt."

3rd shot - Shaken/Table salt chaser: "Wow! Let's try the kosher salt."

4th shot - Shaken/Kosher salt chaser: "Wow! Let's...have another. What? You don't have to drive."

5th shot - Shaken/Kosher salt chaser: "Wow! Let's...not drink anymore tonight. I see three of you and only one of you is cute."

My girl and I...how can I put this? When it comes to alcohol, we "ain't no punks." We can put down liquor like it's apple juice. But we may have met our match with the 1800 Silver. It's a powerful liquor that suffers no amateurs. Only the experienced drinker need apply, because the 100 Proof designation is not a typo. We couldn't finish the bottle, and it took me a week and a half to write this review. That's the kind of sway that it holds.

The 1800 Silver is not a casual, sipping spirit. It is a "get together with your friends, and a have an absolute freaking blast, cause no one will be lucid in 20 minutes" spirit.

No comments: